Jack Reagan's Model T ReplicaThe members of the Fox Valley Model T Club toured the Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home and was disappointed to learn that the Model T, which has been on display for a number of years, was static and not in condition to run properly. Upon returning home they decided to speak with the club members and called the Reagan Home offering to help. The engine was rebuilt, springs were replaced and was shined and polished like never before. An incredible amount of time, energy and money went into this project with not only the club donations but an incredible amount of parts from Snyder’s Antique Autos, donated labor from Kevin Prus who rebuilt the engine, donated glass from Herb’s Glass.
Special thanks to the Fox Valley Model T Club for their work on restoring Bessy, especially these club members who volunteered their time and efforts: Steve AngvickRon Barclay Gene Bohne Ron Bundy Maurice Dyer Steve Fowler Ted HeisePhred Hollister Bill Jones Arnold Lauber Dave Martin Mike Reimer Lowell ReiserRobert Scheitlin Keith Stark Robert Stauffer Don Walters Daymond Waschow Special thanks also to the companies who donated time and materials:
- Don Snyder III, Snyder’s Antique Auto Parts, Springfield, Ohio
- Kevin Prus Sr., Prus Engineering, Columbiana, Ohio
- Serj Garboyan, Rex Radiator, East Dundee, Illinois
- Ray Goode, Dunbar Manufacturing, South Elgin, Illinois
- John Teper, Pomp’s Tire, Elgin, Illinois
- Bob Bergstadt, Bob’s Antique Auto Parts, Loves Park, Illinois